Friday, November 1, 2013

Royal Mile

It never before occurred to me how difficult it is for some people to have dinner out by themselves.  I try to check in with my ego from time to time to make sure I'm okay with it myself....and I am usually just fine:




It's okay alone.
Time with my thoughts to reflect to create
I did a check to be sure
Alone
Not missing love or words or debate
Alone



Bailey's on my right side
Angry Orchard on th'other
Sip sip chug gal
See I'm that one gal
Can handle the good stuff
Unlike any other

Smile in my heart
To match the smirk on my face
No honey, you heard right
Table for one
There'll be no date
Well....not now at any rate

Cuz I'm licking my lips
And sucking on bones
Fully engaging my appetite
When one observes me
He thinks he deserves me
But that ain't happening
No not tonight.

Because tonight I am solo
Not Han; as in only
Dining alone
But in no way lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment